Z-Car Front Grill


My Datsun's grill has always looked as though it didn't belong, or at least in my opinion. Actually let me rephrase that, ever since I removed the front bumper, the grill ends abruptly and makes the front end look empty. 

So.

In order to create a more cohesive look, I decided (with the suggestion of Frankie Flood) to create a new front grill! You know the more and more I think about it, my Datsun is turning into a "Ratsun," or a highly modified Datsun and I am completely ok with that!


Using an awl, because I don't have a set of transfer punches, I transferred the hole spacing from one horizontal rib to the next, and so forth. 


Using some stainless steel rod that I had laying around from another project, I began 


Looking good!


Flash forward to today, 


I took a break tonight from working on the grill just in time to enjoy the sunset.


The grill looks great, and will sit within the front air damn and hood. I still need to think of some method of attachment method to attach it to the car, and if the grill should leave space for the front turn signals, or to go the route of the 240z and mount the turn signals lower on the front air damn.

That answer for another day.

Comments