More Burners


A few months ago I met with Michael at Kenilworth Open Studios and he showed Yvette and I one of his micro forges that he ordered online. Michael's burner was in fact identical to the ones Frankie, Chad, and I built for our forges. I was so impressed and, honestly shocked that this design of burner was sold for so much money, that I immediately went home and started working on creating six more burners.


Closeup view of Venturi holes on the burners. These holes are crucial in this design. A Venturi hole is an orifice that sucks in air that mixes with the gases and then gets forced out the end of the burner. Imagine this if you will, the propane that is being forced through the piping is being expelled out the mig welding tip at such a high velocity that the atmospheric air around the venturi holes is actually being pushed down through the pipe, mixing, and then burning at the end of the burner.


Here is the exploded view of the burner assembly.

If anyone is interested in making a forge of their own, or maybe a casting furnace, feel free to contact me I would love to hear from you.

Stay tuned!







Comments