Triumph Tiger Cub


I haven't posted in forever because I have been having a hard time finding my voice and what to talk about and show you, but I need to get over the mental block and just do. Just keep working and it will pay off in the end. 

So as I am going through all the unpublished drafts of photos, the tiger cub is something that I get excited about. The reason the Triumph is on the rear jack stands is I was rotating the engine over to find Top Dead Center and when the bike is in gear, you can rotate the back wheel and rotate the piston over. I admit, this was a very daunting task for a very long time, and especially knowing that with the Energy transfer system if you are not right on the money, you might not generate a spark at all. And that is all due to the two indexable positions on the crankshaft for the high and low compression models. But I knew that part was right already, so I asked my dad to laser etch me a degree wheel, I created a pointer from one of the case bolts, found where the piston was at the highest point, set that for zero and rotated the wheel backwards 8 degrees to find exactly the point where the cub would roar to life. And to my surprise it actually did!

It started first or second kick!

That moment I was the happiest I have been in awhile. Just knowing that this was something that I didn't think I could do, but through perseverance and patience I succeeded!

(Now unfortunately as I type this, the tiger cub is in an un-running condition again because this time I lost the spark. Either my points fouled or the condensor went bad.)

Comments