Bat Guano makes a difference






 Today at work I noticed all the plants that Bill fertilized with Happy Frog Bat Guano had sprung up almost twice the size of how big they were yesterday. The N-P-K count for this product is 0-5-0. When I used to work for a local garden center, our typical go to phrase to explain to our customers what the NPK count means is, "Up, Down, All Around." The first number represents the Nitrogen content of the fertilizer and will primarily help the green up the leaves. The second number, Phosphorus helps a plant develop a strong root system, but above ground you will notice vigorous leaf growth. And finally the last number, Potassium, helps "all around" and will really help the disease resistance of plants. Some plants in particular such as tomatoes are suspect to blossom end rot, where the blossoms will literally rot off before maturing into tomatoes. A fertilizer with a higher percentage of potassium should remedy this.

Also while I was still working out in the greenhouse, I managed to empty out some seeding trays and prep them to plant some spinach and Arugula. Mike, the lead coordinator of the Be a Maker space, is looking forward to harvesting all our food products, and I do not blame him. As I watch all the little seedlings that the kids planted mature into plants I cannot help but get excited too!

Comments