BMW Toolkit Restoration


The original tool wrap, if you have been following my story, was completely covered in seeds when Bob and I discovered the tools under the BMW seat. The only way I can describe the smell of the tool pouch is that of mouse feces, urine, and mildew so I knew I HAD to redo it.




When cutting the patterns I made sure to give myself extra allowances to accommodate for the folded edges. You can also see that the material that creates the individual pouches is 4-5" longer than the back material to make sure that I had enough material to make the larger pouches. The sewing was the easiest starting from one side and working my way to the other. I did at the end cut a small portion of the front material off because it was a little too long.



The Final product, a tool-wrap that will be able to last another 40 years with the bike made from high quality vinyl and rip-stop nylon. 

Comments