Bike Night II at Culver's


At this week's "Two Wheel Tuesdays" held every Tuesday(weather permitting) at Culver's on 124th Street I met up with two BMW enthusiasts that were very interested in my R60/6 when I went last week. To be honest I wasn't even going to go this week, but I swung by in my Dad's Rav4 and noticed that both of the guys brought R75/5's to the event, I presume to show them to the "punk kid" who got the deal of a lifetime on the BMW(Me!). So I ran my errands quick, drove back to the house and hurried over with my R60/6. 

These BMW guys are a VERY eccentric bunch. It is always a joy to see these two guys banter back and forth critiquing my bike, one of them nitpicks and the other builds me back up. But none of this critiquing bothers me too much, I realize that both of these guys are a wealth of information and will continue to go back to learn as much as I can from them. For instance using a product called "Quick Clean" to clean up the engine case and air fins. In fact the guy with the white BMW above, told me that he has worked on these bikes for over 20 years and knows all the differences year to year with these bikes. Actually I finally got him to talk about his other motorcycles that he owns, and I found out that he owns 20+ bikes! All old, beautifully restored Indians, BMW, Harleys, and some brands that I have never heard of! 

I will be sure to go back next week and see what these guys bring to the show, I'll keep you posted!


Comments