Cleaning Car Parts


I have been doing a lot of work on my car in order to get it drivable, and the most recent upgrade would have to be the front suspension overhaul. Just about everything from the front was getting replaced, calipers, brake lines, tie rods, coils, struts rotors, brake pads, ball joints you name it. As some of you already know I have been getting help with all this work from a somewhat unreliable Craigslist mechanic, don't get me wrong though, the guy knows his stuff, but he is somewhat flake-y. 

If I knew a friend who lived close to me who could help out, trust me, I would rather do that.

Anyway, while the mechanic bailed on me on Saturday I took the initiative to use my grandpa's scratch wheel in order to get some of the road grim off.


Remember when using the scratch wheel to use a visor or a pair of safety glasses. Occasionally a stray steel fiber will shoot off and that would be no fun to get in the eye. Also remember to use two hands when available because if the wheel catches an edge of your work piece, it can fling it across the room (trust me I've done it). 


The ball joint is installed, unscrew the nylon nut, slide our new part on and we can move onto the other side.


All ready to go!

Comments