Cole Tool Manufacturing Vise


I purchased this vise about a year ago from a grad student that I met through my industrial processes glass, and despite its appearance now, when I first purchased it it was completely rusted. For the first few days that I owned this piece, used the scratch wheels to grind off as much rust as I could before proceeding to paint. Somewhere I know I have pictures of this, I will have to try and find them and upload before shots.

Anyway...

 I began the clean up on this vise months ago but just threw another layer of paint on it today. I have been using some paint that I had left over from painting my calipers on my Tiburon (R.I.P) that is listed as High Temp paint, which is probably un-needed but I figured if it was durable enough for brake calipers, it should do just fine on the vise.
As for the history of the vise, I do not know all that much about it. Chad, the previous owner of the vise had found it through a friend, and if i remember correctly only sold it to me for about 10-15 dollars. Not a bad deal for a heavy duty vise, even the cheap ones at Harbor Freight cost probably upwards 30-50 dollars!




Comments