Everyone has their vices...


While I was at work today my Dad texted me to let me know that my uncle and aunt dropped off an old vice at the house for me to fix up. Apparently as the story goes, my aunt and uncle learned about my blog and were impressed by some of the other projects, mainly the Cole Tool Vise that I redid that they thought maybe I could use another project.... If only they knew of all the other projects that I have going at my parents house! But hey, I cannot turn down a challenge!

I was excited all day to come home and check it out, and boy is this one awesome. It weighs probably a good 35-50lb. Thats always a way to tell if its a good vise, by the weight. The heavier the better.

Thanks Uncle Rick and Aunt Bonnie! I will make sure that this vise goes to good use!

Stay tuned! I will most likely work on the vise this upcoming weekend, grind off the rust, look for paint this weekend and post pictures of the finished product!


Comments