Getting Low in the Datsun


Now for the root of all my anxiety this week.

 As some of you might know I am doing some major repair work on my 260z this week/weekend. Recently, I have been hiring a Craigslist mobile mechanic which in itself sounds sketchy, right? I feel as though I have not gotten burned yet(cross your fingers), and it is also good because the mechanic is teaching me a lot about some of the components like suspension that I know NOTHING about. After his initial visit and test drive of the car, he recommended that I completely re-do the front suspension at the very least, so I recently ordered: New Struts, New lowering springs, New Calipers, New semi-metallic brake pads, New brake lines, New flexible brake line, New rotors, New ball joints, and New Outer tie rods. Thats a lot of new! And not to mention I also ordered a Xenon front air dam to finish off the look for the front of the car. You see this is all to prepare for the Park after Dark show next month. Thats my deadline for the car to be roadworthy, I already ordered my ticket so no turning back.

Stay tuned!




I painted the brake drums blue to compliment the blue l26 engine.


When the mechanic pulled off the drum a whole mound of brake pad dust fell to the pavement. You couldn't see the spring or anything it was all black! A little brake parts cleaner cleaned things up nice though.

Comments