Paint and strut removal/assembly


These photos actually come from yesterday July 25, 2014. Saturday at around 1ish I was supposed to be visited by my friendly, flake-y, craigslist mechanic but unfortunately he was a no show. He even promised me that he would be there, "without a doubt" and "don't worry dude, I won't let you down."

Well he let me down.

....Again.

But lets not dwell on the negatives. On a positive note him not coming gave me enough time to paint the brand new calipers with some High Temp Caliper Paint! I just love how the red looks with the gold hardware.


While that dried, I was able to get the old springs/strut out off the car and began working on them. I am actually surprised at how easy it was to rebuild. Just loosen the strut housing collar, drain the oil and remove the old cartridge. I should also mention that the old strut cartridges were completely blown. They would not expand or contract, just frozen in the cylinder. 

Here is everything assembled, tomorrow(July 26, 2015) I will hopefully install them assuming that the mechanic actually shows up.


Stay Tuned!


Comments