Success! The Struts are installed


Well the mechanic showed up bright and early this morning.

Too early...

He called me at 6:30 and was knocking on my door by 7 am. I was still in bed, because I thought we agreed on 10 am, so I quickly threw on some pants and ran outside to get going on the car. This morning we worked really well together, as soon as we got the strut/spring assembly on I would run to the other side and start assembling the caliper. The work really only took us about 2-2.5 hours to finish the front.

Great! Awesome! I am that much closer to driving again, and then another thing went wrong. When we tried to bleed the brakes I was not getting "ZERO" pressure out of the front cylinder but still had vacuum in the brake booster and was getting pressure from the rear cylinder, meaning that the brake master cylinder seals are shot.

Two steps forward one step back.

The most frustrating part is that no auto part stores carry parts for such an old car, so it looks like back to RockAuto.


But on a positive note, I had mentioned that I ordered a Xenon front air dam, well I finally had a minute to install it. What do you all think? I think it finishes the aggressive feel of the front end off. The mechanic and I were talking today that he might have a connection to get a Denali front grill that I could adapt in order to create a new grate for the front. I don't really like how it stops so suddenly.

Ill think on it, I know I usually jump into things quickly.

Stay tuned!


Comments