Wisconsin Cactus Garden


Years ago when my grandma passed away and we were given the task of cleaning out her house, I noticed that she had cactus growing on the side of her house, but they didn't look all that healthy. This also came at a time that I was fascinated with orchids and still worked at Stein Gardens and Gifts. I asked my parents if we could take the plants and plant them in our garden at home, they agreed and just look at the results years later. These cacti have all bloomed every single year without fail. They are literally no hassle, never watered them, never pruned them, just let them grow wild. Even in winter we do not even cover them which might cause alarm due to our cold Wisconsin winters, but nope! They come back every year! If anyone is interested in some of these cacti I would be happy to thin them out so others can enjoy the colorful blooms!




Comments