2001 Suzuki Savage Carb Rebuild


While the power was out today at my parents house I decided to drive over to my friends house to help rebuild his 2001 Suzuki Savage carburetor. I found out after I got there that he was also looking to do an oil change on it and put in a new spark plug, so while he was busy tearing down the carburetor I was busy buzzing around taking pictures to document everything, changed the oil, and changed the spark plug.




Taking things apart.




 I couldn't help but admire the craftsmanship of this carburetor. The brass floats were really neat. Especially the line of solder going round the circumference. 



First start up went well, we had a little bit of smoke coming from the exhaust pipe but I honestly think it was just some oil that was burning off the pipes from when I spilled a little bit trying to pour too fast. I will probably go back over tomorrow with a vacuum gauge to help get things just right.

Its been a while since we have gone for a ride, so I am really looking forward to it!

Comments