Back to School event at BBCM


Last night at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum we held a back to school resource fair for families to come in and enjoy playing in the museum while also getting a free backpack loaded up with school supplies! 


I was assigned to help out in cardboard city, a small scale replica of Milwaukee that will be an interactive element of Maker Faire Milwaukee (September 26th & 27th, 2015). 



Families were able to pick from tables and tables of books.


Kids of all ages had a good time coloring and building with us!



I was able to help build this robot named 'Fear.' The kids did a great job cutting out hands and decorating Fear, who I am told is a friendly robot that can shoot laser beams from his eyes!


Bill helped out making some cool buildings. He is going to have a lot of good buildings to take to Maker Faire this year, I cannot wait to see how it all comes together!




A co-worker brought his daughter in and they made a nice cat robot to add to the other robots that were built.


Unfortunately I was not able to catch the name of this guy, but he spent a lot of time in the nights activity. 


After the event when I was cleaning, I found this sculpture in cardboard city that spelled Family. All in all everyone had a great time and some cool free stuff, who doesn't like free stuff?

Comments