Bloodwood plugs


About a year ago when I used to turn plugs, I promised a friend on Facebook a pair, but didn't stay true to my word. Well just today, blast from the past, he contacted me again requesting those plugs!
I try and pride myself on being a "man of my word" so I immediately promised that I would get right on those missing plugs. 

Right when I got home from work, I ate dinner with my family and went right down to the lathe. I decided to use bloodwood, which has easily been the most requested by everyone who has approached me. I quickly ripped some wood down to size for this commission.



I was able to get the stock cylindrical in no time.


I had enough length to also include another commission onto this run of plugs. The other pair of plugs were roughly 5 or so millimeters smaller, which was no problem.



Giving the plugs a subtle double flair.


Applying the oil.


All four plugs (one not shown) are all parted, but just need to be polished and the other side needs to be sanded and finished.

To be finished tomorrow.

Comments