Cruisin' the Grove 2015


I stopped over to a car show in Elm Grove with my Datsun today. There were a ton of awesome cars. I parked just past the barriers to the show hoping to catch some foot traffic, but just far enough away to leave whenever I wanted. 

To my surprise, when I was just about to leave a guy flagged me down and we got talking about the 260z. He was very interested in what was going on under the hood. 

I was more than happy to oblige him and open it up.

All in all it was a very successful outing, I'm a little sunburned but it was definitely worth it.





I talked to this guy a little bit, and the story goes that this was a dragster with a Vincent power plant that was wrecked and was wasting away in the owner's friends garage for years after the crash. Now it was being lovingly restored by the owner, he was particularly proud of the powder coated frame. He was telling me that originally he had the frame gold plated when he used to drive it. I just love listening to the stories behind the vehicles almost more than I do just looking at them, and this bike was no exception.


Take a look at the rim, he explained that was the original rim from the crash. It was cool seeing all the other memorabilia back in this bikes prime.


Ferrari TessaRossa


Another angle, love the fins.



There were some Hot Rodders there. The custom painted pin striping and lettering was on point.











Comments