Heston & Anderson Bandsaw


Tonight I felt particularly productive so I worked on the Heston & Anderson bandsaw that I got from Chad this weekend. I really have wanted a saw like this for a long time so seeing it completely taken apart in my parents garage just gave me energy and drive to get it back in one piece. 







Some of the pillow blocks that held the lower shaft in place were incredibly dirty with layers of saw dust and oil forming a protective coating on the metal underneath. I took them apart and one by one took them to the wire wheel to get them mostly clean.




Above is the blade tensioning system.




Mounting one of the pillow blocks.


Both wheels mounted.


About 95% finished, everything mechanically works and the wheels turn "true." I just need to mount a motor, paint a few small parts and reinstall, and make a guard.

All the exposed bandsaw blade is sort of unsettling, this is probably up there as my most dangerous machine and it deserves respect.

Comments

Post a Comment