Picking Beans Before the Weather Turned Sour


Last night before going to the mall, I went out to my parents vegetable garden in order to harvest some of the beans. Lately, whenever I go outside, I have been working on training our old dog to go "leash-less" and stay by my side while I walk around the yard. For the most part she will stay close to me, and if she strays too far a whistle will usually bring her back.

On this particular time though, I took her back to the vegetable garden and she just about sat on top of some of the plants to make sure that she wasn't going to miss out on getting a fresh bean or two! She is the only dog that I know that will eat both beans and asparagus straight from the ground before we (my parents and I) get a chance to pick them!


This is just a modest handful, of the final harvest.

Comments