Bayview Bash 2015


I decided to go to the annual Bayview Bash yesterday just to check what it was all about. Plus, I needed to take a break from my art projects. When I arrived, I immediately spotted these beautiful machines. An old Porsche and Volkswagon Beetle, both parked right next to one another. There is just something about old vehicles that gets me excited whenever I see one.

 

 Bayview Bash was great though! I was able to see a lot of different musical acts, and even a magical act.



The street was packed with people, I was lucky enough to make it through the crowd down to the far end where I met up with some friends from work, Bill and Joe, who were serving Beer. Unfortunately they couldn't talk long because the line for alcohol was never ending, but it was great to chat with them.


There were loads of vendors selling various things. I was able to identify some of them that I have heard of, The Artery, Steph Davies of The Waxwing, and even David Mark Zimmerman of Bigshot Robot!


David (the man on the right) I met in college, actually in a intro to photography class of all things. We hit it off right away, and even collaborated on a few stickers, but then of course he graduated and I was busy with school so we kind-of grew apart. But that being said, I would love to collaborate with him again sometime, because this guy is driven. I have never met someone as self motivated and good at promoting himself as David. He has his own clothing line, it seems is constantly making posters for a local bar, Bad Genie, and does some rad illustrative work.

 David is an amazing illustrator, designer, painter, and recently printmaker. He was at a booth advertising, "Make it, Take it Prints" which was an awesome idea! I love the hands on experience that people could take home the artwork that they make.  


Comments