Datsun Grill


A few days ago I brought the welded aluminum pieces for my custom Datsun grill into the workshop. The aluminum was TIG welded by Frankie Flood and I am so thankful for his help. The aluminum that I chose for this project was 6061 aluminum bar stock, that was cut and bent at at 10 degrees that should match the aggressive front end of my 260z.



Almost done, but you can see the seam still ever so slightly. 


All 14 pieces are now filed smooth. I will have to go back in the next few days with an orbital sander to further clean up where I filed. I am looking forward to getting this on my datsun already, it will really fill out the front end nicely. 

The more and more I think about it, my datsun project is turning more into a Ratsun(think rat rod), with all the custom accents I am adding to it. Stay tuned!

Comments