Is it still Procrastination if you get a lot done?


As the title implies, does it still count as procrastination if you get a lot of things done in a day?

I most likely should have been working on other Maker Faire related projects, but sometimes you just need to take a break, right?

Right.

Besides I just purchased some new woods from WoodCraft when I went to buy that wood epoxy for patching my block prints. I purchased some Bocote, Quina, and Brown Ebony. All three pieces were roughly 1" x 1" and I have been on this plug making kick. So what better way to see the true potential of these woods than by making some 0g plugs!





These two sections of bamboo came from my old days at Stein Garden & Gifts. The bamboo was actually part of a windchime display that was being thrown away and I asked if I could have it for the wood, to which they replied, "Take it!" 

I never really knew that bamboo was hollow on the inside, it makes creating a usable stock material difficult, but luckily I found some sections that were thick enough to create some turning blanks large enough to make some more 0g plugs!


This will work perfectly.


The bamboo was very stringy, not typical of the other woods that I am used to turning, but then again bamboo isn't really a wood it actually is a grass.


I found this little section of Burning Bush. I remember my Dad saving it after cutting down the bush two maybe more like three years ago.


The grain is beautiful with blues, blacks, and ivory swirling to create harmony.


I decided to turn a bunch of Lignum Vitae ("Tree of Life") plugs because (1) They smell wonderful when turning and (2) They are one of the most popular plugs.I know Yvette loves her pair!



Burning Bush Plugs, size 0g

These sort of fall into the experimental plug category. I don't know exactly if any other plug manufacturers use burning bush as a material but you know I thought why not I would try it.


Bamboo Plugs, size 0g

I love the look of the bamboo plugs, they almost remind me of little tiny bee hives!

Comments