Making Cutting Boards


Yvette came over the other day and told me about one of her class assignments to make/finish 20-ish projects due sometime next week. She went on to tell me that it doesn't necessarily matter what the medium was just as long as she kept on making. This assignment acts as a warm up to get ready for her senior year of college.

We have been tossing ideas around of things that she could make at my Dad's workshop, things such as rolling pins, plugs, maybe some rings, and whatnot, but we decided to start with making a cutting board.


I found some nice pieces of Maple and Cherry that must have been cut down for something else in the basement tonight. Maybe Yvette can use these to make another cutting board.


While I was at the hardware store tonight I decided to pick up some Butcher Block Conditioner for Yvette to finish her cutting boards when they are done. I also picked up one for myself as my new roommates have expressed interest in making a large butcher block for our new place.

Comments