Patching The Woodcut


I went to the store tonight to get some wood filler to patch up a woodcut that I am hoping to print at Maker Fair Milwaukee this year. The material that I chose to use for this repair job is a product called "Quick Wood." I first discovered this product in college working as a printmaking assistant to Raoul Deal. It was an amazing experience getting to work with an established artist such as Raoul Deal and learn tips and tricks of the trade. I honestly would not be where I am today without Raoul and would not have many of the experiences that I have been lucky enough to be a part of.

I miss those days.

I also picked up some small strips of some various woods to try turning into plugs for friends. I picked up some Bocote, Brown Ebony, and Quina. I have never tried turning any of these, so it will be a learning experience, but I am very excited to give it a shot.

Stay tuned to see how the block print turns out as well as what the other wood turns into!




Now that my mistakes are patched, I just need to let the epoxy cure for 60 minutes before sanding and carving again.

Comments