2nd Day into Triumph Ownership


2nd Day into Triumph ownership is not as luxurious as you might think. I wheeled the bike to the shed to take a morning photograph but then immediately got to work polishing, "de-gunking" parts, and pulling the motor.


As I told you from the previous post, the wheels will need to be re-chromed if I want to get this bike show ready, but just a little bit of steel wool really did a great job of shining the rims back to near new condition.


I wheeled the bike back to the front yard and began by removing the left cover. As soon as I did, a clear liquid started dripping onto the driveway. I quickly grabbed an oil pan and continued to loosen the other bolts.



My thoughts are that water must have made its way into the engine at some point because that clear liquid was water, only to be followed by oily, sludge.


This also confirmed my thoughts that moisture made its way into the engine. Nice and rusty.

*Facepalm*



Once the cover was off I could begin cleaning all this gunk out of the cover.


Shortly there after I got the whole engine out. It was held to the frame by three bolts, two in the front and one in the back.


The carburetor that I cleaned last night is looking nice and clean.



Push rod cover was covered in grime. 


"Was" covered in grime. I quickly was able to polish this up with a wire wheel, polished it with Mag Polish, then bagged the parts up to prevent them from getting dirty before assembly.

Comments