Faceting Machine



This post goes out to my friend Aaron De Lanty.

Aaron is an interdisciplinary artist that has moved away from Milwaukee to Portland, Oregon. He has been an amazing inspiration to me over the past two years teaching me a lot about 3D Printing, electronics, technology, and metalsmithing techniques since I've known him which leads me into tonights post. 

This above photograph is the beginning of a faceting machine that appeared in Popular Mechanics, years ago. Aaron was the one who introduced me to the concept of turning run of the mill stones into faceted gemstones. 

This motor in fact belonged to Aaron, and he left it before he left for Portland, Oregon. It has since made its way to my possession, and I just wanted you to know Aaron, that it is going to be made into that faceting machine just as you wanted! I hope your proud!

If you are more interested in this amazing maker, take a look at his blog:


Or his webstore:


Comments