Kill One Project, Give Life to Another


Its a sad day today.

As the title implies, I decided to scrap one of my projects in order to salvage some of the parts to finish another. The reason being is I needed some 8mm linear bearings for a Delta 3d printer that I have been working on.

That being said though, if anyone is interested in looking to get into 3d printing and looking for a great, CHEAP 3d printer, I would be willing to just give you the laser cut parts. The model of these laser cut parts is the original Printrbot simple 'wood.' There is TONS of support for this printer still and much of the work is already done.

If there is no interest in the laser cut parts I will just toss them, but would love to see someone finish it!


Luckily it was very easy to get to the bearings I was after. That is what is great and bad about this printer's design. The bearings are held in by zip ties, the belts that create movement are replaced with string and a Dremel sander bit, among other things.

But thats what makes it so inexpensive to get into as an introductory level machine.



There are those linear bearings that I was after!


The bearings fit perfectly in my 3d printed parts.


All ready to assemble.


 I had to run back to my Milwaukee apartment in order to grab the frame I have been working on.


Ahhhhhh hot off the machine. I printed these parts off of my Prusa i2, Friday afternoon.


Well this is as far as I was able to get tonight, but tomorrow before I go back to my apartment I hope to put together a list of materials I still need and cut a bed out of 6061 aluminum.

Comments