Panty Dropper


Urban dictionary defines a Panty Dropper as

"A guy who is so good looking, or has so much money, or some other such quality, that women will drop their panties at the sight of him."

Well.

 I have none of those things, but I do think that I have a pretty sweet vehicle in need of some extra attitude.

Let me just tell you the story of how this came to be. One of my superiors at work saw my project Z car and told me that one of his friends was amazing at pin striping and lettering and he might be able to pull some strings to bring his friend up to do some custom work on my car. And more specifically do some custom lettering, specifically the phrase "Panty Dropper" down the side of the car.(I did not make this suggestion, but the idea just came out of the ether).

 I instantly fell in love with the phrase. I have noticed that within the car community that a common trend among car enthusiasts is to put some very boisterous, sometimes borderline offensive phrases/logos on their car. At a recent show I went to across the windshield to a Datsun 510 said "THUGGISH." I don't know how to explain it, but I love the attitude and sass that it adds to a car.

Word traveled around work and a new friend of mine, Ana Minter, one of the most talented graphic designers I know, embroidered this really awesome flag for me to hang on my rearview mirror. How awesome! Thank you so much Ana for this (cat hair and all)!

To see more of Ana Minter's work, please visit her site below:



Comments