Agates in the Attic


I found some beautiful agates at my parents place, tucked away in a little jewelry box, pushed to the back of the pie safe. I totally forgot about receiving these YEARS ago from my Oma. Back in the day, I remember cracking these open by putting them in a bag and smashing them with a hammer.

Bad move.

Now that I have that wet saw, I decided to give it another shot.


When I went downstairs to try and cut the stones I found this interesting texture in the bottom of the tile saw water tray. From what I can tell, as the water/moisture evaporated, the rock dust started cracking and peeling like old paint. Beautiful really!



In most of these agates I found quartz inclusions. I immediately thought maybe they would make some interesting pendents or if I could get two slabs, potentially nice earrings.



Its nearly impossible to figure out what will be within each stone. Every stone is different.


First things first, I attempted to cut the stone directly down the center.


To reveal the inner beauty within each stone.


All in all, I probably cut about 5-6 stones, but I have decided to open the rest of them with Yvette.




Beautiful Blue lace agate that I found in the final stone I cut today.

Comments