Closest thing to Fishing


This past weekend I went back to my parents to help out around the house. The first day I mulched the leaves with the lawnmower and helped out my Dad transferring the pond fish from the pond outside to a temporary holding tank for the winter. This is something that I have done for 15+ years with my Dad, a form of father/son bonding, and also reminds me how my life isn't all that normal.


The Holding tank is just a horse water trough from Mills Fleet Farm. Actually this is our second trough, we decided to upgrade to a larger trough after one year having almost 30 fish, and some of which were many inches long (8+"). This year we had to start over, most of our old fish were "fished" out by a very sneaky mink that would come back every night and keep catching fish.

Ultimate frustration seeing your prized koi running away in the mouth of a mink!


My Dad pumps all the water out over my Mom's garden, can we say fish fertilizer anyone?


Everyone came out today to help out, even Lucky that was busy nosing around my Mom's Garden for worms to eat and roll in.


First fish of the day came out easily...


With number two close by.


With all said and done I believe we brought out 21 fish.


At the end of the day when the water was drained enough we even found a little frog that must have migrated to our pond from a nearby water hole.

Comments