Dia de los Muertos Calavera


Those of you that follow my Instagram (John.McGeen) are probably sick of seeing my latest woodcut. This woodcut was inspired by someone close to me that has an obsession with all kinds of sugar skulls. I wanted to create this for her to hang in her studio and add to her collection. I have always had an interest in famous Mexican printmakers such as Jose Posada, whose political satire prints feature many different skeletons. I draw a lot of inspiration from him as well as contemporary artists such as Dennis McNett, Tom Huck, and all the other Outlaw printmakers.


'The devil is in the details.'

More closeup details.


Up close and personal. Stay tuned to see how this carving prints, I will have an edition of these for sale if anyone is interested! Contact me!



Comments