Family Bonding


You know, a lot has changed since I got into restoring cars and motorcycles. Ever since I started showing interest in the hobby, my loving parents have been willing to help out every step of the way which I am INCREDIBLY thankful for. I mean heck my Mom enjoys spending time with me, helping me with the sewing machine. My Dad is always willing to sit in my Datsun, help out with logistical problems and tell stories about the Datsun and motorcycles that he had as a kid.


This past weekend it was a beautiful sunny fall day and I just couldn't NOT be outside. My Mom was outside already with the family dog, Lucky, and I decided to pull the Triumph out of the shed to try and give it a good cleaning.


It didn't take long for my Mom to come over to the bike and ask me some questions about the mechanical design of the bike before grabbing a screwdriver and start chipping off years of dirt and grime. It really puts a smile on my face when she is interested in my interests. 

I consider myself very blessed to have such amazing parents.

Comments