Motor Rebuilding



I went by Frankie's house this past weekend to work on rebuilding the triumph tiger cub motor (see the progress here: http://frankieflood.blogspot.com/2015/11/johns-triger-cub.html). That meeting with Frankie really inspired me to take a crack at the CBR600 F2 motors.

The story behind these motors is as follows. My best friend sold me some rims years ago, which I took and traded on Craigslist for a "basket case" Honda CBR. The Cbr was a piece of work, when my best friend Tony and myself brought it home on the truck, we filled it up with gas, started it up, and...

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

The bike was the worst sounding motorcycle I have ever owned. It sounded as if the piston was slamming into a stuck valve, or even worse! Over the winter my best friend, Tony, bought a brand new engine off ebay and switched the motors out. That motor gave me a little bit of fun but there was still problems with it.

So in short, I have two motors out ready for a rebuild.



Motorcycle heaven, or hell? I love working in my parents garage and workshop. It's therapeutic. It is a place that I can be alone with my thoughts and be creative. 


The sleeping giants need to be awakened next spring/summer. I have had so many good memories on this old Honda. This was the bike that I learned on, the bike that my best friend Tony helped me pick out and test drove for me before I knew how to ride.





Comments