Adventure to the Milwaukee Public Museum


Yvette had asked me weeks ago if I wanted to go to the Milwaukee Public Museum and it slipped my mind until yesterday at work. I asked off last minute, but it was worth it to experience the museum with her. You see, I haven't been to the Milwaukee Public Museum in YEARS. Actually, the last time I was at the museum I would have to say was still sometime in elementary school. 


Soon these will be the future generations of the butterflies butterfly room.


Almost immediately after entering the enclosed butterfly room, Yvette spotted this yellow butterfly hanging out on the wall. 


This girl has the most kind heart and I frequently found her carefully cradling the butterflies off the floor and placing them on leaves, away from the patrons feet.




And this one even took a liking to Yvette's blue shirt, landing multiple times on her shoulder.


This butterfly was massive.


Can you tell that the butterflies and insects were one of my favorite parts of the museum.


Which one is your favorite?


The preserved specimens were so perfect and interesting. It was nice to get away from the children's museum for awhile and see what exhibit design for an older age group looks like. But alas...


The kids exhibitory keeps pulling me back in. Yvette and I decided to try our hand decorating some felt butterflies. Mine is on the right.


We also saw a lot of interesting rocks and minerals. Just think of all the beautiful cabochons these might make!


All in all, I think I can speak for the both of us that we had a great time at the museum. Next time I will be sure to take more photos of the other exhibits, and who knows maybe bring a sketchbook. There is so much to take in! Until next time guys, stay tuned!

Comments