GUNDAM: AILE STRIKE GUNDAM


While i was out christmas shopping this past weekend I picked up this little guy from Hobbytown USA. I have always had a sweet spot in my heart for the TV show, and have seen numerous car enthusiasts, specifically those that follow the JDM(Japanese Domestic Market) "Scene" use action figures, stuffed animals, etc as car ornaments. For instance, I cannot for the life of me find it online anymore but I believe I saw a Nissan Skyline with a Godzilla action figure being proudly displayed on the dash.

I have also seen some of the classic guys get little die cast cars of their restoration and proudly display them side by side. Same paint job, same model.

Not wanting to copy their style I purchased this gundam(which was one of my favorite from the series) for only 6 dollars! What a steal.


For those that are not familiar with the show, breaking it down to its core, imagine countries that built larger than life robots that towered many stories tall that were created as war machines to do battle with other Gundams. These Gundams were created in such a way that one single operator would be in full control of each robot. Really great show. 


From a purely art stand point I am deeply fascinated by the intersections and sprues that hold the plastic pieces together. I remember trying to cast some metal with Frankie earlier in the year, but this is a whole different level of complexity. I presume all these parts were injected molded which speaks to the quality of the parts. Every part is incredibly crisp and broke off easily.



All assembled and ready to hang in my rearview mirror!

Comments