Late Nights, Date Nights


Yvette and I went to an Artist's Now Lecture this week that showcased the work of a blacksmith, entrepreneur, and craftsperson, Marc Maiorana. Marc gave a really good presentation, just as Yvette prefaced the lecture he did not look like your traditional blacksmith, big muscles, dirty clothes. Marc began his career through his father's interest in blacksmithing, he quickly progressed once being accepted to Penland's Artist Residency. He has become so skilled and good at what he does, that he has opened his own artist studio that makes consumer products such as drawer pulls, clothing hangers, wine racks, etc. as well as doing freelance "one-offs" for private collectors. 

On our way home, Yvette stopped me in my tracks to point out this beautiful shot of the branches of a tree which formed spiderwebs in the light. It's funny, I honestly would have just walked past this seemingly normal tree, I am thankful that she slows me down and reminds me to live in the moment, far too many times I am too busy stressing about the future.

Comments