The Datsun 510 Wagon


When I came into work this week I noticed a framed photo on my desk. Upon closer inspection I noticed that it was a framed Datsun 510 wagon advertisement that was in the frame! I totally forgot until I saw it that a coworker told me he found a framed Datsun ad at a friends house and that he was going to grab it and give it to me. What a good friend!

For those that are interested the advertisement reads as follows:

"ROOM FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT IMPROVEMENT

DATSUN 510 WAGON, 'Think Big' we said when we designed the perfectly sized 510. So we gave our wagon room galore and full-size Datsun quality. And we gave it big-car comfort: standard features like power front disc brakes, steel-belted white sidewall radial tires, fully reclining front bucket seats, tinted glass, rear window defroster, quartz clock -- and more. Want more? You can add options, including air conditioning and three speed automatic...."

Nostalgic, Right? I would love to own a 510.

If I ever have the option to own a 510 I will spring on that, the datsun 510 base model(not wagon) was my Dad's first car and I think it would be great to get one myself.

Thanks again Bill for the vintage advertisement!



Comments