Wooden Bow Ties, The Next Big Thing!


How many wooden bow ties have you seen?

Not Many! So when a coworker invited me to help him kick start a wooden bow tie business venture I jumped on the opportunity! First things first, I had to figure out the rough dimensions of an actual bow tie. I am embararrsed to say that I have never worn a bowtie, but admittedly I would love a wooden bow tie to be the first! That being said, I used my own neck and photos on the internet to mock up this template in Adobe Illustrator. The width is 5.5" and the height is 2" for this test.


I decided to go into manufacturing mode by stacking up four blanks and cutting them all down to the same rough dimensions.


I first cut into the material perpendicular to the bow tie to make plenty of relief cuts so the saw blade would easily be able to make the tight curves.



All finished (for now) stay tuned to see what comes of the wooden bow tie!

Comments