Back in the Plug Game


Just as I try and get out of the "plug game" they keep pulling me back in. I keep thinking to myself that all the wood that I am just tossing is just going to waste, so I always save it in hopes that it will turn into something amazing. The above blank came from a cutoff of Sedrick's bow tie material and was too small to turn into a bow tie, so thus it will be turned into a few pairs of plugs for the lady.

All my cutoffs. Cutoffs I save in the box below:



Its always interesting to see all the half finished projects, or projects that just didn't quite turn out correctly in this bin. Take for instance this lignum vitae blank. This will make some perfect plugs.


The Purpleheart is chucked up and ready to be turned.


Of course once it is centered I can start forming the shape of the plugs.

Fast forward in time, and I started to work on the lignum vitae plugs, as well as these pine plugs below.



There is something just so satisfying about seeing the formed plugs spin.


All done and ready to be photographed!

Stay tuned!

Comments