Business Trip to South Carolina



I finally feel like I have a grown up job.

I recently traveled to South Carolina to be the on site technician to help repair and install a 2800 sq ft. exhibit. The Trivial Pursuit 50 state adventure features an interactive experience for all 50 states while providing educational learning. While there it was my job to identify problems both mechanically and electronically and fix the problems which included soldering a new motor, re flashing SD cards, and replacing arcade hardware. 


It wasn't all work though, after my second day at work I found a very nice note from the customer service counter that read:

"Good Evening,

Here is some information for you to enjoy Greenville. Great southern food places to see are

-Soby's
-Tupelo Honey

Nice local bars to enjoy

-Sharkeys
-O'Connelys
-Carolina Ale House

Take care,

Kallie"

Taking Kallie's advice to heart, I decided to go out and explore Historic downtown Greenville.


So all the locals explained to me that the place that I wanted to be is Main street. My hotel was on Main st, so I began walking towards the night life. I was surprised to see how many business men and women were out exploring the same time I was, there must have been a convention in town. 


The architecture was very traditional. No skyscrapers in sight. Greenville reminded me of Downtown Waukesha.


There was a very cute ice skating rink near my hotel. Seeing all the couples skating really made me wish that my girlfriend would have been able to come along.


Is that what I think it is? No it can't be.


Ahhh but it is! 

While walking by the waterfall, I came across this Datsun 280zx. I actually had two of these cars before finally "upgrading" to my s30 chassis, 1974 Datsun 260z. I always thought these cars looked sort of ugly, but this flawless pearl white 280zx made me think otherwise. My one knock against this car was the god-awful Harley Davidson seat covers. 


I walked a little past the 280zx and came across an artist collective that was located along the river. Each storefront was occupied by a different artist. The large windows allowed for passers by an intimate look at the artists process.


I was particularly intrigued by the high level of realism that this artist was able to create.

All in all my trip went smoothly but I am glad to be home.

Comments