Lathe Tooling


I received some lathe tooling that I ordered from a local seller last week. Frankie sold me an old Southbend lathe that I will post pictures of once I have more time to research. All of the following tooling came from Janesville, Wisconsin. Its always nice to buy local, especially for speedy delivery! It also helps when I got a killer deal on them all too! 


A bunch of high speed steel cutting tools with two cut off tools.


I was particularly excited about getting this boring bar which will allow me to hollow out objects.



I love the cast letters identifying all the tooling. The above and below show the same tool, the knurling tool. This tool is used to give a texture or "grip" texture to the metal. It is typically done to knobs and motorcycle foot pegs.



And finally there are my left, right, and center tool holders. These are used in conjunction to the lantern-style tool post to hold my bits.

Stay tuned!

Comments