Working on the Ducati Monza


It was my birthday the other day and my loving parents bought me an impact driver for all the automotive and motorcycle work that I have been doing. This gift came at the perfect time too because I have had a pesky nut that I couldn't remove on the Ducati Monza motor that I have been tearing down. I have tried everything to remove this nut. My Dad and I tried holding the motor still and connect a large pipe to the end of a breaker bar but nothing. I even had Frankie give it a shot when he was over dropping off the Southbend lathe.


Here is the stubborn nut. The nut is a part of the clutch basket and the trouble that I was having was the interior ring spins so it is hard to get the leverage needed to break the nut loose.


It all goes to show that when you have the right tool for the job, anything is possible.

Stay tuned to check out the full tear down!







Comments