Enameling through Silk


A few weeks ago Yvette had been interested in learning how to use silk screens for enamel. I was happy to help her with the silk screening process! Yvette has always liked ornamentation and complex patterns so I volunteered to cut these patterns out of vinyl. For the vinyl cutting I used a silhouette cameo vinyl cutter that I have put many hours cutting various decals for work.


Once the patterns were weeded it was time to transfer the design to the silk.


I luckily had a few screens laying around that I decided to coat at the same time for future use. Currently they are being stored in a dry cool place in my basement until I am ready to use them. 


I even bought Yvette a new screen to use.


Terrible documentation, I know,  but I will be sure to take some photos of Yvette's enameled pieces once they are finished. Stay Tuned!




Comments