Mama Tried 2016 Motorcycle Show


Yvette and I decided to go to the Mama Tried motorcycle show on Saturday Night. For those that are unaware of what it is, Mama tried is a yearly unbiased motorcycle show that showcases local builders as well as nationally known bike builders. I say unbiased, because some of the bikes looked like they were just dredged up from the bottom of Lake Michigan! Mama Tried does not discriminate, old haggard bikes were lined up next to pristine 2016 bikes right off the showroom floor. 

I didn't know what to expect to be honest as this was my first Milwaukee Bike Night. When we arrived we were shocked by the number of bikes that were lined up at the warehouse entrance. It was only $10 for admission, which wasn't bad at all. This years show was held on South 2nd Street near the Harley Davidson Museum in an old unmarked warehouse. The first floor was devoted to vendors selling their wares along with local food vendors like Fuel, Belair, among others. There was one freight elevator that continually took guests from the sale floor to the actual show all night.

Yvette and I had an amazing time looking at all the bikes and at least for me was a huge inspiration to keep going with my own motorcycle projects. Yvette was hilarious always pointing out all the old Harley Davidson's, meanwhile I was "geeking" out over the bubble shields and cafe racers to which I would just get the response, "Eww." But that's what is so wonderful about Mama Tried, there was something for everyone there! Who knows maybe next year I will be able to enter my Triumph or Ducati. Wishful thinking. 

Stay tuned!













"Mama Shoulda Tried Harder"

I love all the "tongue in cheek" humor that these bikes showcased.




Comments