Perfect Imperfection's New Product line


Sedrick approached me last week to try and start working on more products for his Perfect Imperfection line of wooden fashion products. Next up for the Perfect Imperfection store--Wooden Cufflinks!


Off to the lathe again! I started out with some bloodwood cufflinks that will sure to be a crowd favorite. I started making these on friday night after work because I already ordered 200 cufflink posts to complete the look of the wooden bow ties. 



This wood blank is two toned. I glued up some maple and walnut in order to make Yvette a pair of two toned plugs but sadly it fell off the lathe as I was turning. I always save my cutoffs and "mistakes" to reuse them on other projects. Maybe not a pair of plugs, but this stock will make beautiful cufflinks!


I put a slight rounded top to make the wood look like a cabochon, then part it off with an old lawnmower blade/parting tool.


All done on the lathe, I still have some finishing work to do on these but from left to right you can see cherry, walnut, bloodwood, and walnut/maple cabochons to set on the cufflink posts.

Stay tuned to see the finished product!

Comments