Metals 16! Show


The closing reception for the Metals 16! show took place last week Friday. I had a feeling that my girlfriend was going to be receiving an award, so there was no chance that I was going to miss this, even with my sinus infection! Well I was not disappointed, shortly after we got to the show, everyone was called into the main gallery space to announce the winners of the Milbrath Memorial award. 


Yvette won 3rd place for her outstanding work in metals! I know her friends and I were so proud to hear her name announced. 




The winners all lined up. Congratulations everyone, the work was outstanding this exhibit!


I found these beautiful, and interesting. On first glance they look like 3D printed parts that a section has been removed, cast and then replaced. Great idea, it also seems to be a very modern design. Vornoi patterns are very popular in architecture and product design.


Of course it wouldn't be a metals show without the work of Melis Agabigum. Melis's work incorporates miles of wire that is crocheted into various organic forms. 


All in all there was a great turnout.


Yvette remarked that the opening of the show was packed, but I really don't mind. Having more space in the show just allowed me to get closer to the artwork and really appreciate all the technical skill that the students are capable of.


Bottle Openers from Michael's class were on display.



Beautiful rings demonstrating the students ability to set stones were in a third case. Everything was so immaculate. 

Stay tuned!

Comments