A Glass Half Full


Calcedony with wire wrap in Kerr Jar.

Is the glass half empty or half full? The classic question of optimism and pessimism. It is a question that I have been asking myself lately. Sometimes it is incredibly hard for me to stay positive when I put so much pressure on myself to succeed in such a short amount of time. You see, I have been living a double life the past year. On one hand I work a full time job at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum and live in a bottom flat with two roommates and my girlfriend down in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. While on weekends I go back home to Brookfield to spend time with my parents and workshop and frantically try and make as many things as possible while having access to the heavy machines. It is a unreasonable request. I just have to keep reminding myself that success takes time and doesn't occur overnight. Progress is progress and all my experiences, hardships, problem solving set me up to become a better artist/craftsman. 

Stay tuned, and stay positive!



Comments