Deep Ellum


While in Texas I had one free afternoon to explore the city and take in the Texas surroundings so I walked from the Dallas Museum of Art to Deep Ellum in order to get something special for my girlfriend. While I was walking I quickly took a shot of this BMW R75/5. What a beautiful bike!


Texas is a lot different from Milwaukee, first off temperature wise it was in the 80s nearly 90s the whole time I was there. But hey, you didn't see me complaining! As I was walking I noticed more and more murals as I came closer to my destination.


Even advertisements were directly painted on the walls.


It's no doubt that Ellum embraces the artistic nature of the population. I didn't see any tags, or bad graffiti while I was there. It was all quality murals.



I never looked into it further, but I wonder if the city was sponsoring all the murals because in the bottom corners of the pieces were instagram accounts with the hashtag "#42murals." It was awesome seeing art in the urban setting, especially after coming out of the Dallas museum of Art which was your stereotypical art museum. This, this was something new and unexpected!


Instagram: JoeSkilz52
Facebook: Skilz Custom Art
#42 Murals






























I'm such a stereotypical tourist sometimes. When I saw these cactus growing in a parking lot I just about lost it because I was so excited to see cacti growing in their "natural" environment. You might have seen if you have been following my blog for some time that my parents have some cacti growing in their backyard. My Dad explains to me that the cacti came from a family trip to Texas, or Arizona when he was a kid. We transplanted the cacti from my grandma's house and it has been coming back year after year. 


Although these flowers were orange and red, the cacti that my parents have are bright yellow.


Stay tuned to see what's next!

Comments