Air compressor Rebuild


This is something that has been kicking around my parents garage for a long time and this project just needs to be finished. This is an old air compressor that I got from one of my friends. I quickly tried and painted the compressor ford blue to prevent it from further rusting but its always a bad idea to try and paint over rust. Never doing that again.


Its got two cylinders with parts moving freely still. I think its a great piece to restore and put back into use again, just a matter of cleaning up all the parts the way I want to.


This piece is a spacer that was held on by the wheel. For the longest time I wasn't able to pull that damn wheel off until Frankie gave me the suggestion of using wood blocks to drive the Ducati's frozen piston out. So I did just that. I put some boards underneath the wheel and a few sharp blows with a rubber mallet later and the wheel and this piece were free.


This piece will be easy to just use the scratch wheel to get clean, the other larger pieces however I will be taking down to Frankie or Chad to have sandblasted. Then the next step is deciding what color it will be.

Comments