Triumph Coughed out a hairball!


I went to start up the Triumph this weekend and was trying all the usual tricks, hold the float tickler until a little drop of gas trickles down the side of the carburetor, pulled the plug to make sure I was getting spark, and finally starter fluid. And I had an unexpected surprise. As I am kicking and Kicking and kicking to hopefully bring this dinosaur back to life, suddenly "POP!" I had ignition for a second at least, but what I didn't know is that in that brief second of ignition the tailpipe coughed out a ball of fur!


Damn mice build a nest in the tailpipe!


Luckily there was nobody in the tailpipe, I made sure of that when I installed the muffler, what I didn't notice is that there was a mouse nest inside.


Well that's one more thing to check out before starting up an old motorcycle, make sure that the exhaust pipe is free of restriction, because too much back pressure is a bad thing.

Stay tuned!

Comments